The Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata, India was founded in 1989 by Prof. (Dr) Satyajit Chakrabarti and is the oldest private institution of higher education in West Bengal, India. Since then it has grown from strength to strength, and expanded to include the University of Engineering & Management, Jaipur and the University of Engineering & Management, Kolkata, India. The IEM/UEM Group now has about 12000 students on its rolls, primarily in the engineering and management fields. It has an enviable placement record, and its alumni have made a mark for themselves in major companies in India and abroad.
The Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata, India (IEM), affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology, West Bengal (now known as Maulana Abul Kalam University of Technology), is an AICTE approved institution. IEM has been ranked in the Category ‘A’ in 2017 by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC).
University of Engineering and Management, Kolkata and University of Engineering and Management, Jaipur both have earned an enviable reputation within a short time, and have been bestowed with numerous awards for excellence and innovativeness by national bodies.
One of the outstanding achievements of the IEM/UEM Group has been its track record of organizing very successful International Conferences with the support of the Smart Society of USA/Canada in the last 10 years. Some of the International Conferences held in the recent past can be seen in below:
- IEEE IEMCON at University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (http://ieee-iemcon.org/) since 2015
- IEEE UEMCON at Columbia University, New York, USA (http://ieee-uemcon.org/) since 2016
- IEEE CCWC, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (http://ieee-ccwc.org/) since 2017
- IEEE IEMANTENNA, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (http://iemantenna.org/) in 2019
- IEEE IEMTRONICS at University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (https://iemtronics.org/) since 2020